Tuesday, June 2, 2009

uninspired

I'm feeling quite uninspired today but also knowing that it's important for me to keep writing on a regular basis and the blog is easier than working on the book. What a cop out huh? I've been spending most of my time out in the gardens because it's the beginning of garden season and there is always a ton of work to do cleaning, clearing and planting. It has a tendency to take most of my creative brain power and leaves little for writing and art projects. I know the garden will be at manageable level in a week or two but I still feel like I'm cheating the other parts of my life.
I have been getting to know my new camera a bit though and that's been fun. Pictures to come on the blog hopefully by next week sometime.
No childhood story at this post but some good stuff for later. After the garden stops being so selfish.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Aw, Gracie--no need to be so hard on yourself. I think you're doing exactly what you need to do when you feel uninspired--something else! Maybe your brain needs a rest. My guess: this little "down time" is preparing you for a big burst of creativity.

It'll be fun to see what follows -- no pressure, tho'!

Cheers! Hope to see you at the Edina Art Fair! You'll be in good company with Cindy and crew!