Tuesday, June 23, 2009

late in coming

copyright Grace Albaugh 2009

You may want to get comfortable and pour a cup of tea. I have no idea how long this will be so I apologise in advance if you weren't planning on staying the whole day. Several weeks ago my blog friend Kathleen over at easy for me to say tagged me with a meme. She was very sweet and said not to worry if I didn't want to participate. I was pleased that she thought of me and I'm sorry it's taken so long to get to it.
As a fairly new blogger I have been spending a lot of time getting used to a lot of things that are new. I don't spend time in chat rooms and I have never sent a text over my cell phone so I'm not acquainted with things like BTW and LOL. I am fairly sure I have them figured out by now and then someone will leave letters on my screen that leave me totally baffled. This was the case the first couple of times I read reference to meme. Meme, what on earth are they talking about? After paying quite close attention I finally figured out it's like a little game although I still don't know the meaning of the word or if it is even a real word to begin with.
So, Kathleen sent me a meme about answering 15 questions related to getting to know us all better. There were simple instructions that for a normal person with basic computer knowledge would have been a piece of cake. I repeat, I am not your normal person with normal computer knowledge (see previous post. I would link you to it but...) I trip all over myself while sitting here typing away trying to figure out how to copy and paste, link and heaven knows what else required to master this thing called blogging. Also I'm supposed to tag other people, eight I think it was, and invite them to participate as well. I have some lovely people who have left many lovely comments on my blogs but I noticed some of them have already been tagged by others or they are not interested in participating in memes. This leaves me in a bit of a quandary so, I have decided to simply say a few words to you all and leave the tagging to others.

I'm a simple woman with simple needs.

I don't have favorite anythings because there are too many wonderful things in this world to leave anything out.

I love stupid jokes and laugh at things like Monte Python and Carol Burnette.

I read all kinds of books and belong to a book group where the ages of our members range from 26 to 82. We have great discussions.

I love to travel everywhere and hope to get there someday.

Anyone who gets up in the morning and lives their life is my hero.

I don't like horror movies, or thrillers, or anything that throws around profanity just for the fun of it, or has excessive nudity. (OK I'm a bit of a prude.)

I think I'm a lot of fun as long as you appreciate a silly sense of humor, not being afraid to make a fool out of yourself, and being brave enough to continue to do things like ride the Merry-go-round at the park. Not bad for a grandmother of 4.

I think I will always remain young at heart. At least I hope so.

And last but not least, I love my family as much as life itself. My parents and sibs, my husband, my four children and their husbands and wife, and my four grandchildren. They are fine and remarkable people and I feel honored to be part of them.

So there you are. It's not the real meme that Kathleen sent me, sorry darling girl, but it gives you most of what it asked and maybe a bit of what it didn't. I won't be tagging anyone but I think that's OK. Good luck to anyone else that is a bit mystified over much of this blogging business. Just keep working at it. Will get most of it figured out eventually.




5 comments:

david mcmahon said...

There are things that mystify all of us sometimes, Grace. Don't worry - there's always someone who can explain things we don't comprehend!

Kathleen said...

Brava! You had the most unique answers I've ever seen! Love them! And so fun to learn more about you! I admire that you keep things simple. I really really really admire that.

Madame DeFarge said...

Loved your answers. They sound sincere, which is more than can be said for most of what is published in blogs.

Shokoofeh said...

wow this picture is just so complete!

Grace Albaugh said...

Thanks David. I'm not complaining just laughing at myself for my blundering ways.

Kathleen, as always you are so kind.

Good to see Madame - thanks for the thumbs up.

So good to see you shokoofeh. Glad you enjoyed to photo.