Monday, June 29, 2009

Thank you Delwyn


The Premio Meme Award


One of the unexpected pleasures I've received from blogging is the friendships I'm developing around the world. I don't really know what I expected when I started all of this other than having a place to post my spiritual journal on A Touch Of Grace and to create an art collection of my photos, fine art projects and crafts on Through My Hands. And here on this blog I just wanted to share stories I'm reminded of from the simple things that happen in my daily life and get a feeling of whether or not anyone would want to read them.
What has transpired though are lovely comments from amazing people around the world and a community I wasn't prepared for. It has been a sweet experience and I thank all of you who visit me at my spaces.
I stopped in at Delwyn's place at A Hazy Moon and she has sent me a lovely award. It comes with the request to share 7 things about myself so here goes:

1. I love people - Everyone, really. We all have a story and a life to live. Some are doing better than others with this but we have all arrived here with possibilities and I think it's amazing how we make choices and create the lives we lead. (wow, that was long for me)

2. I love food - One of life's greatest pleasures.

3. Babies are the greatest - nuf said

4. I like it best living in a place where I can experience the seasons to the extreme - That's why I'm in Minnesota.

5. I don't however like the mosquitoes.

6. anything creative in the world of art is an invitation in my book.

7. I love to feel mud as it squishes through my toes.

Well there are a few new tidbits for you. Hope they were enlightening. Now I will have to think on who to pass this over to. I'll get back to that. Right now I have a lot of reading (and writing, oh I have a lot of writing to do. The book is crying in the corner) to do.

Cheers!

10 comments:

Madame DeFarge said...

I loathe mosquitos. But they seem to adore me. It's being Scottish I think, it's a natural attraction.

Grace Albaugh said...

I know how you fee Madame, they love me too. Must be my Scottish ancestry. Now I know what to blame.

Cheffie-Mom said...

Congrats on your wonderful award! I enJOYed learning a little more about you!

Grace Albaugh said...

Thanks Debbie. It was a wonderful surprise.

Unknown said...

Congrats on your award! I'm so glad I'm not alone in loving the feeling of mud squishing between my toes. :o)

Grace Albaugh said...

Thanks Shirley, so nice to see you here.

Delwyn said...

Well done Grace,

now we know a little more about you and like you even more... But I think I prefer sand to mud...

which brings back the lines of an A.A.Milne, Christopher Robin poem

...wherever he goes
Christopher is certain
to have sand between the toes...

Happy days

Grace Albaugh said...

I also love sand Delwyn. I think it's the warmth of it that I like so much.

david mcmahon said...

Congratulations on the award, Grace.

Grace Albaugh said...

Thank you David.