Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It will all straighten out

We are having a time with inter net for a bit. Moving from one house to another is taking it's toll in several ways. I'll post when possible between now and Oct. 5th.

Just a short image to share, as I'm writing at work instead of working at the moment.
I drove down to Hastings on Monday for my bi-weekly visit with my parents and had the pleasure of watching several hawks riding the wind. This is when they spread their wings very wide and just let the wind dance them around in subtle movements. I can feel myself up there when I see this beautiful sight. I feel myself being lifted by the wind like a kite. My eyes are closed and I'm pillowed on the airstream. My neck outstretched and my face reaching for the sun, floating there with the hawks. One of them looks over to me with a knowing smile on it's beak. We share the moment and then I'm back on the ground. I'm moved by this image and imaginary experience. Content as I drive through this farmland with no one else in sight. Alone with the hawks.